This Friday, starting 7pm Eastern Time, I’ll be joining several friends to discuss the latest installments of the Harry Potter and Star Wars film franchises: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Rogue One. The group of panelists are all teachers and students at Signum University and I’m sure we hold a lot of Potter and SW knowledge between us. We look forward to discussing these new movies as adaptations and expansions of their respective stories and worlds, their approach to casting and diversity, how they function as prequels, and their endings. Will we sing their praises as thoughtful and thought-provoking engagements with these beloved sagas, or will we decry them as yet two more installments in Hollywood’s increasingly franchise-driven climate? Who knows! Tune in to find out.
Katherine Sas's Blog.
- My First Friend – “World Enough and Time” Review
- Doors Between Worlds – “The Empress of Mars” & “The Eaters of Light” Reviews
- On Mythmoot IV and moments of wonder
- Fake News Central – “The Pyramid at the End of the World” & “The Lie of the Land”
- I Need to Know What’s Real – “Oxygen” & “Extremis Review”
- Academy Awards Amy H. Sturgis Art A Song of Ice and Fire Buffy the Vampire Slayer Children's Literature CS Lewis Doctor Who Dystopian Literature Fairy-tales Fantasy Fantasy Literature Film Game of Thrones George R.R. Martin Gothic Literature H.P. Lovecraft Harry Potter Jamie Mathieson JK Rowling John Granger Joss Whedon JRR Tolkien Kat and Curt's TV Re-View Literature Mark Gatiss Medieval Literature Movies Mythgard Institute Mythopoeic Society Neil Cross Neil Gaiman Peter Harness podcast Reading Russell T. Davies Science Fiction Sherlock Holmes Signum University Steven Moffat The Hobbit The Hunger Games The Inklings The Lord of the Rings The Tolkien Professor Toby Whithouse Tom Shippey Travis Prinzi Verlyn Flieger Writing
- This week on Doctor Who things go pear-shaped pretty quickly. My review of World Enough & Time. wp.me/p27gAa-Dr 20 hours ago
- Look, I want summer go as slowly as possible but I also just booked a fall trip to Montréal, so... https://t.co/yXQv7Ev3GV 1 day ago