Katherine Sas's Blog.
- Feeling a Glimmer of Purpose – “The Doctor Falls” Review
- My First Friend – “World Enough and Time” Review
- Doors Between Worlds – “The Empress of Mars” & “The Eaters of Light” Reviews
- On Mythmoot IV and moments of wonder
- Fake News Central – “The Pyramid at the End of the World” & “The Lie of the Land”
- Academy Awards Amy H. Sturgis Art A Song of Ice and Fire Buffy the Vampire Slayer Children's Literature CS Lewis Doctor Who Dystopian Literature Fairy-tales Fantasy Fantasy Literature Film Game of Thrones George R.R. Martin Gothic Literature H.P. Lovecraft Harry Potter Jamie Mathieson JK Rowling John Granger Joss Whedon JRR Tolkien Kat and Curt's TV Re-View Literature Mark Gatiss Medieval Literature Movies Mythgard Institute Mythopoeic Society Neil Cross Neil Gaiman Peter Harness podcast Reading Russell T. Davies Science Fiction Sherlock Holmes Signum University Steven Moffat The Hobbit The Hunger Games The Inklings The Lord of the Rings The Tolkien Professor Toby Whithouse Tom Shippey Travis Prinzi Verlyn Flieger Writing
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: Steven Moffat
These final episodes are always the toughest to write about, as I’m sure they’re the toughest for the production team as well. This one even more than usual as it’s hard to avoid the feeling, justified or not, that the … Continue reading
Well here we are, dear friends: the antepenultimate episode of the Steven Moffat era, and the start of Moffat’s last ever Doctor Who season finale. As has been my wont this season, let’s start with a brief moment of reflection before … Continue reading
Getting to the other side of those rather odd mid-season episodes to the traditional late-season standalone episodes before the two-part finale, it suddenly occurred to me that there is quite a strong and prevalent theme of imperialism running through series … Continue reading
Alas, due to busyness in my personal and professional life these reviews are going to be doubled-up again this week. Perhaps the timing is fortuitous, though. In a way “Oxygen,” “Extremis,” “The Pyramid at the End of the World” and … Continue reading
Much like the Doctor, I have a confession to make. Due to good but distracting life circumstances, such as my recently completed M.A. thesis chat (which you can watch here) and my impending trip to Signum University’s Mythmoot conference I’ve … Continue reading
Since writing reviews and blog posts was how I first immersed myself in this whole Doctor Who thing, I’m the return of my favorite show, enhanced by the introduction of a fantastic new lead actress and the impending departure of its lead actor … Continue reading
I went into “Heaven Sent” prepared to love it. I mean, come on. It’s weird, experimental Doctor Who starring Peter Capaldi in what the industry calls a single-hander, a prestige piece by Steven Moffat, and directed by Rachel Talalay. Of … Continue reading